Research Laboratory Manager Cell BiologyBased in the South East, UK£35,000 £40,000 + Excellent Benefits Do you have a strong background in Research using Tissue &...
Laboratory Operator - Cell Biology
West Sussex Based
£18,000 + Overtime + Benefits
Do you have experience in a laboratory?
Would you like to work for a leading Cell processing and storage company?
My client is a leading research organisation, dedicated to the use of stem cells to create novel and effective cell based therapeutics and regenerative medicine technologies. Their technologies are constantly evolving to improve processing and storage capabilities.
This is an excellent opportunity to join this innovative company as a Laboratory Operator who will be responsible for the following key tasks;
- Process and cryogenically store stem cell samples under aseptic conditions using CAT A / B clean room conditions.
- Testing of cell viability and cell sorting/counting.
- Follow strict to SOP`s and guidelines in a GMP approved laboratory.
- Assess and validate continually the samples to ensure regulatory and legal requirements are at all times adhered to.
This role will work under a shift pattern on Monday to Friday 8am to 4pm or 10am to 6pm on a rotational basis. Requiring some weekend cover, which will be agreed in advance. Due to nature of the role accuracy is essential. Some manual handling such as loading and unloading cryotanks will be required. This is an exciting opportunity to join a leading company at the fore front of their sector providing a vital service for the customers.
Skills and Experience Required;
- Degree or equivalent working experience in Biology, Cell Biology, Biochemistry, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Forensic Science, Pharmacology or similar.
- Experience of working in a laboratory environment either during your degree or from a commercial role, preferably under aseptic conditions but this is not essential as training will be given.
- Experience of GMP and / or GLP with experience of sample processing is an advantage to your application.
- Excellent team working, communication and organisation skills are essential.
This role would suit a graduate at any stage in their career, or someone without a degree with equivalent working experience.
Key Words "Cell Culture, Microbiology, Stem Cell, Sterile, Biology, Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, Aseptic Technique, Flow Cytometry, FACS, Lab Technician, West Sussex, East Sussex, Brighton, Hove, Crawley, Horsham, Croydon, Redhill, Graduate, Laboratory Technician"
Please apply online or call Neil Walton on 02030964706