Research Associate or Research Assistant ScientistSpecialist in peptide chemistry needed for a Cambridge Biotech specialised in drug discovery.Role Type: min 3 month ContractLocation: CambridgeSkills: peptide...
Scientist (Chemist) - Platform Innovation Department (permanent)
- Northwest of Cambridge
- £30K upwards
- Key Words: Chemistry, Materials, Organic, Inorganic, Synthetic, Feasibility Studies, Innovation, IP or intellectual property.
Are you interested working at the cutting edge of science?
Do you have the capability to assess novel research themes and projects?
Do you have a deep interest in developing studied to validate initial hypothesis generating new and commercially valuable IP?
My client, based in North Cambridgeshire area, is looking for someone with significant knowledge in the field of Chemistry to ascertain the value of projects in areas such as energy storage, thermoelectric devices and biosensors among many others.
In this role, your responsibilities will include:
- Deliver feasibility projects via internal studies and in collaboration with commercial or academic partners.
- Identify, purify, synthesis, design and develop materials to support feasibility studies.
- Identify applications, completion and market needs for novel projects with the support of departments such as marketing and R&D.
- Prepare project proposals, design experiments, analyse data and make compelling recommendations.
- Develop IP that supports the new horizon for this business.
To be considered for the role, you will have a relevant Ph.D. in Chemisty or a related subject or equivalent experience in an appropriate industry. You will also have a broad research based background and excellent relationship building skills.
If this role is of interest you are encouraged to apply and for more information contact Dominic Cappell on 01223 607857.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.