Molecular Biologist Research Assistant£26,000 £32,000 p/aLondon Based Do you have hands on experience of running PCR, electrophoresis or NGS?Would you like to work for a...
Histologist / Histology
6 month contract
c£35,000 (pro rata) / £23 per hour
Do you have experience of histology techniques, in particular sectioning, Immunohistochemistry and Immunofluorescence?
Would you like to work for a leading research institute in London?
My client is a leading international research facility in London, they employ leading scientists from around the world working in a broad range of research areas. The core histology service provides an excellent experimental and post-mortem diagnostic service, supporting key research projects. The laboratory is equipped with modern tissue processors, automated immuno-staining machines, enabling them to analyse experimental and human specimens.
The Histology Technician will be responsible for providing specialist technical support to the core Histology service delivering a high quality service under the direction of the Histology Manager.
Specific Responsibilities will include;
- Provide specialist technical support to the core Histology service ensuring all experimental animal and human diagnostic samples requiring histology, are prepared to a high standard, ready for analysis and interpretation by senior staff and for publication figures
- Sectioning of paraffin and cryostat of samples, experimental and occasionally human diagnostic post mortem samples.
- Titration of novel antibodies to create working protocols for various projects. Some of these protocols may be adapted for immuno-fluorescent staining
- Processing of fixed tissue samples in the pathology laboratory
- Maintaining accurate records and paying meticulous attention to detail required at all times
Skills & Experience Required;
- A Bioscience / Biological degree or equivalent experience in a relevant subject
- Sound proven background of histology techniques, in particular Immunohistochemistry and Immunofluorescence
- Experience in sectioning moderate to large volume of paraffin embedded tissue samples
- Proven ability in establishing and optimising difficult histological techniques independently, including setting up new protocols, and troubleshooting existing protocols where necessary
- Experience in sectioning frozen samples or using automated immunostainers is desirable
- Ability to work independently and part of an effective team
- Clear and concise communication skills, both written and oral, are required
Key Words ""Histology, Histologist, Immunohistochemistry, Immunofluorescence, pathology, biomedical scientist, microscope, microscopy, staining, fixing, immunohistology, embedding, wax, paraffin blocks, sectioning"
Please apply online or call Neil Walton on 02030964706