Development ScientistWest CambsPermanent role available up to £36K/annumRole profile:* Participating in early-stage development of innovative products within the field of bioprocessing for the (bio) pharmaceutical...
Bio-Analytics Senior Method Development Scientist OR Analytical Instrumentation Expert
Client is seeking to fill a variety of roles at different levels.
- Northwest of Cambridge
- £27K -£57K
- Key Words: LC-MS, Mass Spectrometry, Method Development, Trouble Shooting, Centrifuge, Laboratory Instrumentation, Mass Spec, Liquid Chromatography, Biological Samples, Pharmaceuticals, Sera Samples, Blood Sample, PK, Toxicology, ADME
Are you dedicated to delivering scientific excellence?
Do you have the capability to develop and create methodologies for the analysis of biological sample or trouble shoot the complex machinery that completes these tasks?
Do you have a passion for the smooth running of a laboratory through effective, tailored methods or the required instrumentation care and expert problem solving?
My client, based North-West Cambridgeshire, is looking for people with significant knowledge in the field of Chemistry, specifically bioanalysis, to ascertain join their growing team. They are looking for candidates with a back ground in method development or instrumental technical support, trouble shooting and vender escalation when necessary.
In this role, your responsibilities will include:
- Assist Bioanalysis study Management in responding to clients placing analytical projects to support toxicology, liaising on day-to-day issues
- Provide expert advice on analytical results to colleagues and clients, maintaining awareness of current trends, issues and developments. Take lead role in problem resolution and provide advice to colleagues in solving analytical problems
- Possess sufficient knowledge of the use and capabilities of all equipment used for the studies conducted by the department. Evaluate new instrumentation and equipment as required.
- To conduct instrument evaluation and qualification projects, in accordance with local protocols and standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Document processes, Archiving of raw data (including non-study specific arching and pre-archiving of electronic data) and maintain data records
- Ensure GLP/GCP compliance of systems and procedures and that quality of work/data meet required standards
- Assist the Team Leaders/Section Heads/Head of Department during regulatory inspections associated with team projects
- To train analytical staff in relevant equipment related analytical techniques (e.g. balance, centrifuge, pipettes, intergra, extrahera, columns, etc) and instrumentation (LC-MS/MS).
- Supporting lead optimisation, PK screening, PK/PD studies, method feasibility and method development projects
- Managing the technical support for non-GLP work, the troubleshooting of problematic assays and the provision of bioanalytical support
- Overseeing the planning of the workload and monitoring the analytical results generated
- Ensuring all work generated by the team complies with regulatory requirements, high quality data is generated and results are issued in a timely manner
- Checking analytical data and method documents
- Reviewing and approving analytical reports
- Undertaking the role of bioanalytical lead on analytical studies
- Maintaining an up to date knowledge of scientific advances, analytical techniques, instrumentation and methodology relevant to Bioanalysis
- Advancing scientific and technical knowledge including analytical method strategies that programmatically address technical challenges
- Building, leading and managing an effective team
- Acting as a key contact for internal and external customers, ensuring that customers receive prompt and appropriate responses to enquiries and are regularly updated with study progress
To be considered for the role, you will have a relevant qualification in Chemistry or a related subject or equivalent experience in an appropriate industry.
Background in a CRO or a similar fast-paced environment is also highly desirable.
If this role is of interest you are encouraged to apply and for more information contact Dominic Cappell on 01223 607857.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.