Electrochemist Battery Applications North East £35,000 £60,000 (Dependant on experience) Are you educated to PhD level in Chemistry? Do you have a strong background with...
Newcastle Upon Tyne
£28,000 - £32,000 (Dependant on experience)
Are you educated to PhD level? Do you have a strong background in materials science? Are you interested in revolutionising health care?
A highly innovative biotechnology company based in Newcastle Upon Tyne are looking to recruit a Materials Chemist to join their team of scientists. This Materials Chemist will join the chemical team and work on the development of their novel diagnostic products. The role:
- Work within the multifunctional chemical team providing support for the commercialisation of their flagship device
- Carry out surface activation for the modification of thermoplastics
- Carry out functional group manipulation and conversion on sensitive surfaces
- Handle DNA and fluorescently labelled DNA for Fluorescence microscopy imaging
- Carry out presentations to report work back to management and suggest new ideas
- Troubleshoot any new challenges that arise in a timely manner
- PhD (or equivalent) in chemistry or chemical sciences, related to surface chemistry or thermoplastics.
- Knowledge of safe laboratory practices
- Ability to work within a team of multidisciplinary scientists
If you meet the above requirements and are looking for a new role then please apply online. Any questions can be directed to Kristi on 0191 284 6768.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.