Technical Support Services Manager / Site Facilities Manager Central Belt PermanentDo you have previous experience in facilities, engineering or validation management within the biopharmaceutical industry?Can...
Scientific / Laboratory Manager required for leading biotechnology company in the Central Belt of Scotland
Title - Scientific / Laboratory Manager
Location - Central Belt
Salary - Competitive
SRG is working exclusively with a leading biotechnology company - as a result of their continued success they are looking to hire an experienced Scientific Manager to undertake a challenging role within the cell analysis and QC team. The role would be suited to someone with a strong background in genetic techniques and flow cytometry for cellular analysis and supervisory skills.
My client offers a competitive salary and benefits package as well as the opportunity to be involved in this exciting area of therapeutics.
Role / Description
- Ensuring robust assays and controls are in place for analysis, ensuring timely analysis of samples
- Ensuring the laboratory and its equipment are maintained and calibrated to the appropriate standard
- Leading and developing a small team of analysts
- Liaising with operations to optimise sample collection and management
- Ensuring assays and processes are documented and data reviewed, trended and reported
- Presenting and reporting results both internally and externally
- Development and introduction of new and innovative assays
- The ideal candidate will have a degree level qualification in a life science related discipline with extensive laboratory experience, particularly in cell biology and genetics/cytogenetics.
- Previous supervisory/management experience is essential as is the ability to work to deadlines and deliver results.
- You will have an excellent understanding of molecular biology techniques such as PCR/qPCR, SNP, aCGH and in flow cytometry.
- You must have excellent attention to detail, communication skills and organisational skills.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. For more information regarding this position or any others, please contact Pamela.
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
Keywords: cell culture, flow cytometry, PCR, SNP, genetics, cytogenetics, cellular characterisation, molecular biology, QC , quality control, cell biology, manager, supervisor, team leader
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.