Technical Support ScientistAre you a scientist looking for a new challenge in a commercial role in the Life Science Industry in Glasgow? Do you have...
Technical Support Specialist required for exciting new opportunity with expanding diagnostic company in Scotland]
Title - Technical Support Specialist - French Speaking (ideally also German)
Location - Scotland
Salary - Competitive
SRG is working with a leader in diagnostics - as a result of their continued success they are looking to hire a Technical Support Specialist to undertake a varied and challenging role in their Technical Services division. Reporting to the Technical Services Manager, the role would be suited to someone with a strong technical background in microbiology or chemistry with excellent people skills and the flexibility to travel.
Perhaps you are currently working within a laboratory but keen to move into a customer focused role or maybe you are just ready for the next step in your career, either way we would like to hear from you.
My client offers a competitive salary and benefits package as well as the potential for development and skills enhancement.
Role / Description
- Maintain the laboratory used to perform troubleshooting, application studies for customers and training for staff or distributors.
- Respond promptly and comprehensively to technical enquiries or complaints via the appropriate means.
- Make accompanied visits with the sales teams to customer sites and exhibitions, including installation of certain products and initial training.
- Advise customers on appropriate evaluation of alternative methods - ensure this is consistent with good laboratory practice and any accreditation body that may be concerned.
- Perform the calibration and preventative maintenance of equipment.
- Keep fully up to date with relevant reference methods and related international standards as well as any internal technical studies and validations.
- Perform technical presentations at appropriate industry events and develop contacts through networking.
- Work with sales and marketing to gather or direct strategic market research to address opportunities to expand or modify the product range and regularly assess the validation status of products.
- Project management for validation studies.
- The ideal candidate will have at least a BSc in a relevant subject along with relevant industry experience either in microbiology or chemical residues.
- You must be fluent in French - this is ESSENTIAL, ideally you will also be fluent in German.
- Ideally you will have experience of working with customers and you must be comfortable being client facing.
- Excellent communication (Verbal & Written) and organisational skills, highly motivated and driven with ability to work as part of a team, as well as on own initiative.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. For more information regarding this position or any others, please contact Pamela.
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
Key words: french or german speaking, microbiology, chemistry, chemical residues, technical services, technical support, customer, client, commercial, travel
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.