An exciting opportunity for a Senior Technical Specialist to join a world leading Biopharmaceutical company.Job Title: Senior Technical Specialist Downstream focusDuration: Permanent Location: North West...
An exciting opportunity for a Senior Technical Specialist to join a world leading Biopharmaceutical company.
Job Title: Senior Technical Specialist - Downstream focus
Location: North West England
SRG are working with a world leading Biopharmaceutical company who are looking for a Senior Technical Specialist to join their downstream bioprocessing team. The role requires the successful candidate to act as an SME in downstream processing and a want to be a part of a cross functional team whilst being in contact with stakeholders also.
- 15% bonus
- 8-10% pension
- Life insurance and critical care cover
- Providing technological advice and technical expertise on development of new biological drugs, cell line development and virology
- Providing technical leadership for multiple projects across multiple departments
- Act as a SME in; process characterisation, scaled-down model development, bioprocess models and chromatography
- Supporting the leadership team to ensure right first time delivery of process development and quality audits
- Developing the platform processes within process science to be best-in-class
- Bioscience/engineering based degree (or equivalent) or a PhD within a relevant subject being preferred
- Experience and extensive technical knowledge in biological manufacturing or a postdoc using purification techniques including; chromatography, ultrafiltration and characterisation
- Experience of production and scale-up of therapeutics from mammalian cell, viruses and gene expression in a cGMP setting is desirable but not compulsory
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to Tyler Datlen at . For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Tyler on 0161 868 2212.
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
SRG are the UK number 1 recruitment company specialising in the science, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, renewable, biotech, chemicals and medical devices sectors. As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
Keywords: downstream, process science, process development, bioprocessing, technical specialist, SME, subject matter expert, chromatography, characterisation, GMP, cGMP, good manufacturing practice, ultrafiltration
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.