Analytical Chemist required, based in Merseyside. Requiring minimum degree in Chemistry, Analytical Science (or similar) and proven experience of conducting analysis using chromatography techniques,...
Fluorine Chemist required, based in the North West. Requiring a PhD in Chemistry with proven skills and experience in fluorine technology, direct fluorination of materials or similar chemistry
Title: Fluorine Chemist
Location: North West England
Salary: £35,000 - £45,000 (dependent on experience)
SRG is working with a leading chemicals manufacturer who develop and manufacture an array of speciality chemicals for use in a wide variety of products and applications. They are now looking for a Fluorine Chemist to join a brand new project team. The role will involve using expertise in fluorine chemistry to devise and conduct experimental projects for direct fluorination of various materials. The position would be well suited to a PhD Chemist ideally with expertise in experiments involving fluorine chemistry or direct fluorination.
Benefits: Permanent opportunity to lead a new project team in a well-established company with an inclusive and sociable culture. Excellent benefits package, including 25 days holiday plus 8 statutory days with option for extra day, generous company pension scheme, private healthcare, income protection and target-based bonus. 37.5 working hours per week, flexible start/finish times.
Role / Description
- Applying expertise to design and implement experimental programmes in the fluorination of materials
- Identifying and devising improvements in the technology for fluorination
- Assessing, analysing and interpreting experimental data, ensuring robust methodologies to generate reliable results
- Maintaining and developing health and safety systems and procedures for the work area
- Understanding and establishing the commercial relevance and value of work undertaken
- Generating commercially relevant intellectual property and experimental data
- Managing two direct reports supporting project work
- Minimum PhD in Chemistry or similar
- Proven experience in fluorine chemistry, fluorine technology, direct fluorination or similar chemistry
- Demonstrable experience of devising and conducting experiments and theoretical assessments
- Motivated, can-do attitude with a strong appreciation of H&S
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Faye on 0161 868 2218
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
Keywords: experimental, experiment, fluorine, F2, fluorination, hazardous, reaction chemistry, process, fluorinated, chemistry, chemical, agrochemical, pesticide, fertiliser,
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.