Stores Assistant Glasgow PermanentAre you an experience in stores or supply chain management?Can you perform well in a fast paced environment? Can you work well...
Sales Specialist - Europe - Permanent - Office or Home Based
Can you perform well in a fast paced environment? Can you work well in a team and also independently on your own initiative?
Do you appreciate strong Company values? Then you will fit in well into the Sales team within Sartorius Stedim BioOutsource Ltd.
The Sales Specialist (can be based office or home based, location flexible) will champion the sales of services to biopharmaceutical drug developers. The position will provide technical and commercial support to external clients and target customers at early stage preclinical development in focused therapy areas including Monoclonal Antibodies, Viruses and Vector products. The position will support the sale of a broad and expanding range of Biosafety, Analytical, Cell Line Development services and Cell Banking services into Europe.
The position will report directly to the Sales Manager for Europe and will work closely with a range of internal stakeholder groups including Product Management, Technical Support, Operations, Legal, Finance and other SSB Sales Groups.
In return our client can offer you a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, full on the job training, and significant opportunity for personal growth and development within a rapidly expanding and successful Sales team.
What you can look forward to achieving:
- Providing initial technical & sales support for new customer enquiries and engaging a range of more specialised in-house technical experts as needed to support these discussions.
- Identifying key clients aligned with the strategic focus of the company and develop and implement workable business development plans to sell a broad range of development services and grow revenues within clearly defined market.
- Meeting with customers, making professional presentations, initiating the preparation of proposals, communicating proposals to customers and negotiating to achieve a successful resolution.
- Serving as a liaison between the customer and the functional areas within the company that contribute to the proposal process and ultimately perform the services.
- Generating and maintaining record within a CRM system to track customer contacts, proposal generation, and customer specific information.
- Presenting information as required at both customer and internal meetings.
- Managing multiple customer plans toward agreed sales targets.
- Managing multiple proposal processes to completion.
- Preparing information as needed for customer meetings and discussions with management, including status, tracking and financial report.
- Supporting business initiation process at conferences and meetings as required.
Skills and experience that you need to bring to the role:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent within a relevant scientific discipline along with relevant practical experience, ideally in GMP or GLP that demonstrates a strong ability and proven competency to work effectively as Sales Specialist within the biopharmaceutical industry.
- A Ph.D. or equivalent experience in a relevant scientific discipline is desirable but not essential.
- The candidate will possess sales negotiation or effective persuasion abilities, must be able to demonstrate a strong sales background and ability to close orders.
- A good understanding of early stage drug development and more specifically experience of working with large molecules (such as mAbs) is highly desirable, ideally having worked in the contract testing market.
- Experience of working directly with Clients, the candidate will possess excellent written, verbal communication, planning and organisation skills.
- The candidate must be articulate, personable, and confident when dealing with Clients both in face to face meetings and over the phone. This is predominantly a client facing role, and the candidate must be capable of managing senior client relationships on a daily basis.
- The person must be comfortable working as part of a team in a small and fast growing company, whilst equally being independent and happy to work with little supervision.
- Strong interpersonal skills accompanied by effective written communication, planning, and organisation skills, sales negotiation or effective persuasion abilities.
- Willingness to travel up to 50% within Europe.
Please apply online or contact Pamela for further information.
Key Words: sales, business development, drug discovery, life sciences, GMP, GLP, pharma, drug development, contract testing, CRO, large molecules, client, customer
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.