Quality Control (QC) Materials Technician required for exciting new position with innovative manufacturer in GlasgowTitle QC Materials TechnicianLocation GlasgowSalary CompetitiveSRG is working with an innovative...
Quality Control (QC) Validation Scientist / Senior Scientist required for exciting new position with innovative manufacturer in Glasgow
Title - QC Validation Scientist / Senior Scientist
Location - Glasgow
Salary - Competitive
SRG is working with an innovative and fast growing life science company - as a result of their continued success and expansion they are looking to hire an experienced QC Validation Senior Scientist to work within their GMP facility. Working as part of the Validation team you will perform, develop and validate assays for QC testing. The role will be an integral link between Process Development and QC and would be suited to someone with experience in assay validation, ideally in flow cytometry within a GMP environment. Perhaps you are ready for the next step in your career or maybe you are looking to move into a new innovative environment, either way we would like to hear from you.
My client offers a competitive salary as well as the potential for development and skills enhancement.
- Validation of flow cytometry and QPCR assays.
- Performing isolation and cell culture expansion and maintenance of cell lines.
- Transduction of cells.
- Following, preparing and updating documentation to quality standards.
- Ensuring compliance of QA and Health and Safety policies.
- Training and supervising of other members of staff.
- Reporting any deviations and ensuring a deviation report is submitted and corrective and preventative actions progressed to completion.
- Assisting in laboratory management activities including housekeeping, ordering of consumables, maintaining calibration records and ensuring equipment compliance.
- The ideal candidate will have a degree in a biological science related subject along with GMP industry experience.
- You will be experienced in mammalian cell culture techniques, flow cytometry and QPCR, ideally with experience in assay validation.
- You must have high attention to detail, ability to work under pressure, work to deadlines and deliver results as well as excellent communication and organisational skills.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. For more information regarding this position or any others, please contact Pamela.
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
Keywords: GMP, flow cytometry, cell culture, QPCR, validation, QC, Quality Control, assay development, assay validation
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.