Research Associate or Research Assistant ScientistSpecialist in peptide chemistry needed for a Cambridge Biotech specialised in drug discovery.Role Type: min 3 month ContractLocation: CambridgeSkills: peptide...
Research Associate or Research Assistant Scientist
Specialist in peptide chemistry needed for a Cambridge Biotech specialised in drug discovery.
Role Type: min 3 month Contract
Skills: peptide design, synthesis and purification.
Start Date: ASAP
My client based in the Cambridge area is a highly innovative company working in Drug Discovery and are looking for a new member, starting as a 3 months contract, to join their dynamic discovery biology team focusing on the oncology therapeutic area.
Research Associate or Research Assistant role depending on experience.
The main responsibilities of the Research/Associate Scientist - peptide chemistry will be:
* Design preparation, modification and purification of peptides
* Use of mass spectrometry, LC-MS and HPLC
* Adherence to SOP and record keeping of data
* Oncology drug discovery
To be considered for the Research Scientist opportunity you will have the following skills and experience:
* PhD or a BSc/MSc (or equivalent) in a relevant field such as chemistry of chemical science (E)
* Peptide chemistry experience lab work (E)
* Experience general laboratory procedures (E)
* Industry experience in Biotechnology or Pharmaceuticals (D)
* Experience in liaising with other groups and external collaborators (D)
Candidates with industry experience at different levels will be considered for this opportunity, with salary dependent on experience.
If this role is of interest please apply online or for more information contact Lynda Dupont on 01223 607855.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.