Senior Scientist, Viral VectorsBased in London£40,000 £45,000 Do you have extensive experience with the upstream and downstream bioprocessing of Viral Vectors?Would you like to work...
London Based, Permanent
Up to £35,000 p/a
Do you have experience of developing protocols or methods for the manufacture and/or purification of biological molecules, such as DNA?
Would you like to work at the interface of Research and Development for an innovative Biotech company in London?
My client is an established Biotechnology company in London, with a unique and high quality DNA manufacturing platform technology which uses a novel in-vitro enzymatic process. They have a role available for an experienced R&D Scientist to take a transational role within their early innovations department.
As an R&D Scientist, your principal role will be to translate and develop concepts into new platforms and processes for technology transfer to the process development and manufacturing division. You will mainly be involved in the improvement of Innovative processes as well as the evaluation of new methods for DNA production.
In addition, you will provide support to our research group in producing DNA for new therapeutic platforms. You will be expected to take on a pivotal role at the interface between manufacture, process development, innovation, and research.
You'll be responsible for bringing ideas to life, ensuring that blue sky innovation is realised in terms of scientific methodology.
To be considered for the role you will need the following skills and experience;
- A BSc, MSc or PhD in molecular biology with several years' experience in developing new protocols or methodologies for biological molecules production and purification.
- Experience working within an industrial setting, ideally in manufacture and purification, within a molecular biology related discipline
- Proficiency in purification and assaying of nucleic acids, as well as a knowledge of experimental design and GMP requirements highly desirable
- The successful candidate will be bringing ideas to life, and must therefore be engaged with science, adaptable to new approaches, and eager to work with a fast-moving team.
- This is an exciting, fast-paced research environment suited to creative individuals who can contribute to and successfully work in a multidisciplinary scientific team.
In addition to working at the forefront of DNA research in a dynamic biotech company, you will receive a competitive salary, a performance related bonus, and be eligible to join the company pension scheme.
Please apply online or call Neil Walton on 0203 0964706 for further details
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.