QC Technician in West Yorkshire Entry Level OpportunityTitle QC Technician Location North YorkshireSalary £16,000 £19,000 (dependant on experience)Our client is a leading producer...
Waste and Regulatory Officer required, based in West Yorkshire. Suitable for a Chemistry or Environmental Science graduate with good knowledge of COSHH and hazardous chemicals.
Title: Waste and Regulatory Officer
Location: West Yorkshire
Salary: £19,000 (with increase after successful probation period)
SRG is working with a leading company who specialise in the manufacture and distribution of biocidal products. As part of their service offering, this company run a specialised waste disposal service for their customers and are now looking for a Waste and Regulatory Officer to support the team. You will be involved in receiving and sorting used chemical packaging and hazardous waste and assisting with regulatory affairs, as well as quality and environmental management. The role would ideally be suited to a recent Chemistry (or similar) graduate with good knowledge of COSHH.
Benefits: Full training provided and opportunities to develop regulatory and quality systems knowledge. Working hours 8.30am - 5.15pm, Monday to Friday. Workplace pension for first 12 months, enhanced pension scheme after first year. Company bonus paid out annually.
Role / Description
- Receiving waste and used packaging from customers and accurately completing necessary paperwork and records
- Safely sorting waste on arrival, to be packed accordingly
- Advising customers on waste minimisation and appropriate packaging for waste disposal
- Assisting the Regulatory Affairs Chemist with product regulations, building and maintaining an understanding of Biocidal Product Regulations, REACH and hazardous waste regulations
- Collecting and recording data associated with Quality and Environmental Management Systems (ISO 9001 and 14001).
- Minimum degree in Chemistry or similar scientific discipline
- Experience of handling hazardous chemicals and good knowledge of COSHH
- Excellent attention to detail
- Able to manage time and prioritise accordingly
- Self-motivated attitude and a willingness to learn
This role would be an excellent opportunity for a recent science graduate perhaps looking for something outside of the laboratory. Full training and opportunities for development will be given.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to emma.white @srg.co.uk For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Emma on 0161 868 2222
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
Keywords: chemistry, science, sciences, graduate, environmental science, hazardous chemicals, COSHH, regulations, regulatory, waste, ISO, 9001, 14001, biocides, site chemist
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.