R&D Chemist required, based in Merseyside. Requiring a technical background, ideally in product development from the plastics, polymer or chemicals industry. Qualifications in Chemistry,...
Graduate R&D Technician based in Lancashire
Title Graduate R&D Technician Location LancashireSalary £18,000 - £20,000 My client is a leading manufacturer of quality polymers for a variety of customers ranging from start-up distributors to large multinational organisations. Their polymers can be found in dental and biomedical products, civil & military aircraft, submarine cockpits, paints, lubricants & mobile phones. They are now seeking to hire an R&D Chemist to join their team based in Lancashire. This is a fantastic opportunity for a recent graduate to begin a career within Research & Development and full training can be given. Benefits: This position offers a great opportunity for a graduate chemist to join a specialist polymer company that is continuing to grow and expand. Offering full training for the right individual, this position offers an entry point to begin a career in R&D. Role / Description Working closely with the Technical manager, this position will be responsible for the Research & Development of polymer materials and duties will include:
- Developing and optimising polymer products alongside the technical manager.
- Keeping meticulous notes and ensuring all data is kept up to date
- Assisting with Quality control and Quality assurance where required.
- Frequently used techniques will include:
- Particle Size Analysis
- Assorted Titrations & Wet Chemical Techniques
- A degree or equivalent qualification in Chemistry, Material Science or a related field.
- Knowledge or experience of polymer chemistry would be desirable but not essential
- Highly organised with the confidence to handle multiple projects at a time.
- Strong desire to learn with a keen eye for detail
Working Hours08:00 - 17:00 / Monday - Friday This is a great opportunity for a graduate chemist who is keen to begin a career in R&D / Polymer science. Full training can be given and although previous laboratory experience would be desirable it is not required for this position. If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to Emma at Emma.White@srg.co.uk . For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Emma on 0161 868 2222. If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies. Keywords: R&D, Polymer, Plastic, Material, Graduate, Training