MSL Scientific Communications ImmunologyPermanent full time positionCompetitive salary and benefitsWest Midlands Are you a PhD qualified scientist with a flair for scientific communication and a...
Principal Scientist in Mass Spectrometry Permanent full time positionWest MidlandsCompetitive salary and benefitsAre you an experienced mass spec user and want to work for a multinational biotechnology company on the development and commercialisation of a novel diagnostic tool? This role could be a perfect career move for you, my client is currently developing a market disruptive diagnostic tool utilising a LC-MS approach and are looking for a suitably qualified individual to perform further development and to contribute to data analysis. This role will require occasional travel primarily to the USA.The Successful applicant;
- You will have a post-graduate research degree (PhD or equivalent) in life sciences, biochemistry or related. Equivalent industry experience is more than acceptable
- You will have experience specifically in the analysis of large biomolecules by mass spectrometric methods. This experience should be hands on post-doctoral experience ideally in industry.
- You will have In depth understanding and experience in ESI-LC-MS applications - to include experimental design, instrument operation, data analysis and troubleshooting.
- You will have experience in method design and subsequent data analysis and reporting.
- You must have a willingness to undertake travel, both within the United Kingdom and abroad to visit colleagues/collaborators, conduct research and attend conferences/workshops and other meetings. The successful applicant will be expected to travel a number of times per year, primarily to the USA and Europe.
- To support the development and commercialization of mass spectrometry based immuno assays.
- To assist in the expansion of the Mass Spectrometry group and the creation of a dedicated Mass Spectrometry suite
- To technically advise colleagues and mentor junior members of staff in the application of mass spectrometric methods to clinical diagnostic problems
- To carry out new immunoassay developmental and feasibility studies, designing working reagents, protocols, processes and systems for quantitative mass spectrometric immunoassay development.
To discuss this role further and for an informal chat about the company, please call Oliver on 0121 7288454
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.