Senior Scientist in Electrochemical SensorsSalary Range: commensurate with experienceBased in London and HertfordshireClosing date: Tuesday 15th April 2019 at 23:59 (UK time) My client provides...
Organic Synthetic Chemist - Senior Scientist
6 month contract + extension likely
Salary: Up to £32,000
SRG are working with a Global Pharmaceutical Organisation who are looking for 4 Senior Scientists to join their Organic Synthetic Chemistry R&D team in Stevenage to start ASAP.
There, you will be fully integrated within the expanding Chemistry team and you will have the following responsibilities:
- Root investigation and synthesis of compounds and molecules in line with the team's needs to develop active pharmaceutical ingredients (APIs) for early-phase clinical trials
- Process development
- Work independently to execute a wide range of experiments/technical studies including NMR, HPLC, LC-MS
- Troubleshoot problems via executing experimental processes, interpreting and relaying results to the appropriate supervisor
- Assists with innovative research and novel strategies to achieve project or department objectives.
- PhD in Synthetic Organic Chemistry or relevant field or a Master's Degree with significant industrial experience
- Proficient in core analytical techniques such as HPLC, NMR, LCMS, UV
- Experience in pilot plant or full scale-up of finalised compounds desirable
- Fully understands the rationale and hypotheses for experimental designs and/or has extensive theoretical understanding of a particular area of science.
Please contact Rachael Usher () if you have any questions regarding this position: or alternatively, you can call Rachael at 0161 868 2250.
Keywords: organic chemistry, synthetic compounds, research and development, drug development, drug design, drug synthesis, pharmaceuticals
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.