Job Title: Senior Scientist IRate: £14.78 p/hContract: Initial 3 Month Temporary ContractLocation: Reading (relocation of site to Wokingham after initial 3 Months)SRG are currently looking...
Senior Scientific Associate
Permanent - Full Time
Attractive salary & package
- My client within the Formulation Development department is seeking a dedicated scientist to join a team whose goal is to discover, develop, and commercialize therapies for patients with serious diseases.
- The incumbent will work along side our innovative staff of preclinical formulators, conducting experiments that allow our research teams to select drug candidates for clinical evaluation.
- The ideal candidate has mastered the fundamentals of chemistry and physics and has direct experience in a research laboratory (e.g., has completed a cooperative training program, a summer internship, or undergraduate research).
- The candidate must comfortably take the initiative, be curious, and show resilience in solving complex problems.
- Execute laboratory experiments and interpret analytical data to meet established project timelines.
- Maintain accurate and complete laboratory notebook in real time.
- Perform basic statistical description of experimental data.
- Comply with all relevant ethical, safety, and training procedures.Requirements:
- Ideally a Masters degree in chemistry (or closely related major) with coursework in at least the following branches: physical, analytical, organic, and material sciences.
- Experience as Industrial Placement Student, or Undergraduate Researcher conducting experiments in the laboratory (beyond course-associated work) would be beneficial
- Knowledgeable in drug development and pre-formulation characterization techniques including: thermal analysis, solution and solid-state characterization, crystallization, and solubility with relevant experience in conducting laboratory experiments in chemistry-related field and direct experience with one or more of the following instrumental platforms: high-performance liquid chromatographic, spray-drying, nuclear magnetic resonance, spectrophotometric, calorimetric, potentiometric, or mass spectrometric.
- Strong technical writing and excellent verbal communication skills.If you are interested in the role and have the skills required for the position please apply online by using the link provided with an recent CV and coverletter. For more information regarding this position, please call Bal on 0121 728 8455 to discuss.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.