Position: Electrical / Automation EngineerLocation: OxfordContract: PermanentSalary: £30k 40kSRG are looking for an Electrical or Automation Engineer to join a rapidly expanding Equipment Manufacturer based...
Country Customs Compliance Manager
Do you have experience of dealing with imports and exports for a multi-national? Here is a rare opportunity to join a global healthcare manufacturer as their Country Customs Compliance Manager.
To manage and lead a team responsible for compliance with all relevant UK HM revenue and customs regulations and trade laws and in compliance with the company financial policy FP145. Responsible for development and implementation of policies and strategies related to trade compliance. It will be the responsibility of this position to develop a staff of experts in the import/export compliance field that will serve the current and future demands for all the company divisions in the UK to include all commercial affiliates and the Witney manufacturing facility.
Direct, manage, and maintain overall customs compliance activities to ensure that procedures continue to be in compliance with division-level policies, Financial Policy FP145 and UK HM Revenue and customs regulations and trade laws.
Manage and develop the Witney based customs compliance team and processes to effectively deliver a centre of excellence for customs clearance activities and import/export documentation for Abbott sites in the UK. Guide the team to seek and drive improvements in process and system efficiencies and the delivery of systems and process that allow for available resources to be most effectively utilised.
- Monitor regulatory and legislative changes and oversee pre-classification of materials and interpret and respond to general custom related enquiries. Identifying risks, and develop plans for preventing and mitigating damages related to custom laws and legislation.
- Oversee the preparation and maintenance of Item Master Log (IML),
- customs classification and determination of country of origin. Ensure broker due diligence and controls are in place, i.e. SLA's and post entry reviews are conducted.
- Maintaining relationships with multiple customs clearing agents across different supply chains.
- Recommend opportunities to minimise custom duties payable and optimise customs duty relief schemes
- Maintenance and storage of documentation relating to the import/export of products and materials in alignment with divisional retention policies.
- Oversight and approval of Global Duty Spend annual reporting and other trade compliance matters.
- Leadership of a team of up to 4 staff. Responsible for customs documentation and compliance for imports/exports of products and materials with a value of £180M.
- Highlight significant risks and or impact from changes in regulations or legislation and provide contingency plans where necessary.
- Accountable for the delivery of outstanding performance and ongoing improvement in all elements of the customs compliance centre of excellence; health safety and the environment; cost; continuous improvement; customer service and team work.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.