Title: Analytical ScientistLocation: WorthingContract: Temporary 9 monthsStart date: ASAPRate: £11.04 per hour SRG are working with a leading pharmaceutical company in Worthing that specialise in...
Job Title: Cell Culture Microbiologist
Rate: £11.04 per hour
Contract: Initially 6 months
SRG are currently working with a renowned Global Pharmaceutical Organisation located in Worthing who are looking for a Microbiologist to join their Biotechnology and Environmental Shared Services (BESS) Department. The site in Worthing primarily manufactures and tests penicillin-based products and the successful individual will be responsible for generating and maintaining cell banks as per the team's requirements.
- Extensively performing cell culture and maintaining frozen stocks
- Inoculating cultures with microorganisms and testing desired products
- Testing fermentation samples and reporting results to the fermentation team
- Validating equipment and processes in line with the BESS departments needs
- Supporting the regulatory area, ensuring all activities are compliant for auditing and inspections
- BSc qualification (or higher) in Microbiology or related scientific discipline
- Experience of isolation and speciation techniques
- Good aseptic technique, and a solid understanding of GMP standards (desirable)
- Confident performing cell culture
This is fantastic opportunity for a graduate from a microbiology related background to take their first step into industry with a truly global organisation.
If you would like to apply for this position please send a copy of your most recent CV to Umul at before 5pm on Tuesday (05.03.19). Feel free to call on 0203 096 4529 for any questions.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.