An successful adhesive manufacturer based north of Birmingham is currently recruiting for a Development Chemist to join their expanding Technical Team. This is a permanent...
Assay Development Technician
6 month contract, temp-to-perm
£13.00 - £14.00 per hour
Contact Andrew for more info: 0121 728 8456
Job Summary: Contribute to the development of solid phase panel immunoassays based bead technology.
Work as part of a team, to develop a range of solid phase panel immunoassays. Your work will be laboratory based, with hands on preparation, manufacture and testing of assay reagents including coated beads, calibrators & controls, conjugates, buffers and QC samples. Testing will primarily involve running assays, in addition you will use the analysers and manual ELISA equipment. You will optimize the assay components to work in a multiplex format on an R&D scale, then manufacture production scale kits for UK prototype phase and generate prototype assay performance data to FDA standards. The post holder will be responsible for recording all work on designated paper worksheets or laboratory books following standardized procedures. Paper records will then be filed and e-archived in an organized manner.
Other duties will include:
- You will ensure all equipment you use is appropriately calibrated and maintained before use.
- You will participate in the regular maintenance and calibration of laboratory equipment in line with the equipment requirements, as well as sharing in general laboratory duties.
- You will follow all appropriate health and safety guidelines and COSHH regulations pertinent to the projects you are working on.
- You will ensure you are appropriately trained in all aspects of the work you are asked to undertake and you will maintain records of training to demonstrate compliance to the appropriate standards.
- The post holder will comply with the requirements of the ISO13485/FDA quality system.
Minimum Qualifications / Education:
- Degree in a relevant scientific discipline or significant previous laboratory experience.
- Grads with relevant lab experience will be considered
- MS Office experience particularly Excel.
- Complete assigned tasks within agreed timescales, highlight any issues promptly and work with minimal supervision
- Clear and concise reporting both verbal and written.
- Conduct open and honest communications.
- Clear evidence of self-motivation, flexibility and a drive to learn and contribute to the success of the business.
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Excellent record keeping and the ability to accurately follow set procedures, working with a consistently high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.