Scientific / Laboratory Manager required for leading biotechnology company in EdinburghTitle Scientific / Laboratory ManagerLocation EdinburghSalary CompetitiveSRG is working exclusively with a leading biotechnology company...
Post-Doctoral Scientist- Industrial
SRG are working with an exciting and expanding life science organisation to help them find a Post-Doctoral Scientist to be based at their site in Edinburgh,
This is a new and exciting opportunity and the perfect chance to make the move from academia into an industry based position.
This role is a 2 year FTC with a competitive salary and excellent benefits package on offer!
The main function of this role is to work within the Disease Screening teams, focused on the development of the company's unique diagnostic platform.
- Carry out practical work in the laboratory, and analyse and interpret complex data
- Plan development studies
- Assist with the validation of new equipment
- Prepare reports and process documentation
- Keep up to date with relevant scientific literature
- Carry out work in a GMP compliant manner
- Holding a PhD in a relevant life science discipline is essential- Molecular biology, immunology and virology is preferred
- Candidates with submitted thesis pending PhD defense will be considered.
- Strong hands on lab experience
- Experience of interpreting data
- Good communication and problem-solving skills
- Serology experience would be highly advantageous
- Knowledge of medical devices and diagnostics would be beneficial
- European travel may be required
If you think this could be the perfect next step for you, please apply online!
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.