Laboratory Technician A Hertfordshire based client is a leader in the Food and Beverage industry working on the development and production of leading products....
Job Title: Nurseries and Seeds Processing Technician
Location: Bracknell, Berkshire
Contract: 6 Months
Pay Rate: £11.50 an hour (circa £21,500 per annum)
Exciting opportunity to work with global leaders in the field of agrochemicals!
Based close to Reading, this company is seeking someone with experience of hands-on plant propagation to join their vibrant nurseries, seeds production and processing team.
The successful candidates will be crucial in the production of cereals for their European plant breeding programmes.
- Plant propagation (sowing seeds, potting, watering, transplanting plantlets and tissue sampling)
- Harvesting and threshing of crops
- Seed processing activities including cleaning, automated seed counting, seed labelling and registering
- Pollinating and plant injecting activities in a controlled environment room as required
- Hold a degree in Plant Science, Horticulture, Biology or a relevant subject with plant science.
- Keen interest in working with plants
- Previous work experience in plant maintenance, cultivation or a relevant laboratory environment. Experience of working in a glasshouse environment is ideal.
- Excellent attention to detail and precision.
Apply online today. For more information about the role or application submission process call Tolu Kuforiji on 0161 868 2248.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.