HEAVY INDUSTRY MANUFACTURING
Title: PROJECT ENGINEER
Location: TELFORD / SHREWSBURY / STAFFORD / KIDDERMINSTER / SHROPSHIRE
Salary: £36,000 - £42,000
Hours: Flexible - Monday to Friday
This is an exciting opportunity for a Project Engineer to join one of the largest manufacturers in the area. You will be at the heart of the investment working on projects from machinery upgrades to the installation of new equipment.
Having recently invested heavily into the site, expect to be working on a variety of exciting projects.
- Leading capital investment projects from conception through to completion.
- Troubleshooting and resolving technical problems relating to design, functionality, installation, commissioning and testing phases of projects.
- Participating in technical negotiations and advise on commercial terms & conditions with suppliers and customers all over the world.
- Support the engineering function helping develop, document, and maintain policies, procedures, and associated guidelines for the design and maintenance of equipment within the Mechanical Engineering function.
- Manage on-site contractors and suppliers to ensure compliance
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or other technical related degree.
- Project experience with good working knowledge of project management tools and techniques.
- Previous experience in machinery installation and commissioning with knowledge in mechanical, fluids, utilities, etc.
- Good working knowledge of mechanical engineering principles and practices is an industrial and/or manufacturing environment.
- Basic working knowledge of CAD package(s).
- Basic knowledge of parts fabrication principles (e.g. machining, welding, turning, etc.)
- Working knowledge and experience of CDM regulations
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Fraser on 0161 868 2204.
If you have an engineering background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.