Polymer Chemist based in Lancahire Ongoing development opportunitiesTitle Polymer Chemist Location Lancashire Salary £21,000 £26,000 (Dependant on Experience)SRG are currently recruiting for a polymer chemist...
QC Chemist required, based in West Yorkshire. Requiring a degree in Chemistry, Polymer Science, Material Sciences and experience of QC in a manufacturing environment.
Title: QC Chemist
Location: West Yorkshire
Salary: £19,000 - £24,000 per annum (dependent on experience)
SRG is working exclusively with a leading manufacturer of products catering to the construction industry, including adhesives, coatings and sealants. The company has enjoyed significant year-on-year growth and they are now looking for a new QC Chemist to join the lab team. The role will involve testing a large range of production materials and spending time with the manufacturing team. This role would be an excellent opportunity for someone with previous QC or laboratory experience in a manufacturing environment.
Benefits: Fantastic opportunity in a small, supportive team with a high level of autonomy. Full training provided, 21 days holiday allowance, plus 8 bank holidays. 40 working hours per week, worked Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 5pm with a 4pm finish on Fridays. Flexibility on start and finish times.
Role / Description
- Following SOPs to test production samples and ensure consistent product quality
- Using equipment and physical observations to test viscosity, solid content, extrusion, bond strength, colour and other physical attributes
- Maintaining accurate records for all results
- Assisting with production problems and batch re-works
- Carrying out regular spot checks and providing suggestions to improve quality
- Helping with daily lab housekeeping tasks
- Making sure equipment is well-maintained and calibrated
- Degree in Chemistry (or related) subject
- Previous experience of QC testing or laboratory testing in a manufacturing environment
- Strong, confident communication skills, able to adapt communication depending on audience
- Thorough and conscientious
- Excellent organisation and interpersonal skills
This role would be a brilliant opportunity in a supportive work environment, contributing to a successful company with a large and growing product base.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided or email a copy of your CV . For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Emma on 0161 868 2222
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
Keywords: chemistry, polymer science, material, construction, cement, cementitious, adhesive, coating, resin, sealant, paint, graduate, technical, laboratory, quality control, QC, quality, chemical, material testing, polymer, physical testing, mechanical testing, viscosity, solid content,
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.