We are looking for applicant with significant previous method development experience with biomolecules using high resolution QTOF- mass spectroscopy.
- Applicants must hold a minimum of a Chemistry (or related) degree and be confident in their experimental approach in undertaking LC-MS studies. An advanced degree (MSc, or PhD.) in chemistry or related area would be desirable.
- To be considered for this role, you must have experience in developing methods on LC-MS QTOF instruments.
- Applicants should have a strong understanding of proteomics, both targeted and untargeted analyses, and the associated data analysis techniques.
- Experience in post-acquisition data processing using contemporary software and on-line databases such as Protein Pilot, Skyline, FASTA, etc., along with the appropriate statistical analyses for interrogating protein and peptide databases is also highly desirable.
You will work with the analytical method development team in identification, process improvement, and characterisation studies which are business-critical and associated with the company's product line:
- Establishing host cell protein (HCP) clearance profile through construction and interrogation of protein spectral libraries.
- Assessment of post-translational modifications in protein biotherapeutics.
- Absolute quantification of specific antigens expressed in culture related to vaccine efficacy, using MRM and ID-MS approaches.
- Investigatory analyses as needed using a triple TOF, AB Sciex 6600 high resolution mass spectrometer, via PRM, DDA and DIA approaches.
- Responsible for novel MS method development, including associated tandem LC methods, for targeted analyses as well as proteomics-based investigations in DIA mode.
- Developing LC-MS methods for characterisation of biotherapeutic protein post-translational modifications.
- Compile relevant protocols and reports, perform appropriate statistical data analyse.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please send your up to date CV for consideration.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.