Job Title: Scientist / Senior ScientistReporting to: Senior Manager, Product DevelopmentLocation: CambridgeTerms: PermanentSalary: DOE starting at £30k/annumThis is an exciting opportunity to join a ground...
Job Title: Scientist / Senior Scientist
Reporting to: Senior Manager, Product Development
Salary: DOE - starting at £30k/annum
This is an exciting opportunity to join a ground breaking company that has real positive impact on the everyday life of patients and helping develop tools to help with diagnosis and treatment.
With the right profile, the successful candidate will be part of a truly innovative company marketing their products in the UK, EU, Canada and US.
My client is looking for a Scientist/Senior Scientist for their product development team.
They are an innovative start-up looking at pioneering techniques to help with patient diagnosis and treatment.
They are developing RT-PCR based assays on whole blood targeted to immune diseases.
The scientist role will support the generation of new technologies for commercialisation of suitable products.
The role will require a combination of lab and desk work:
* Lab work is based on RT-PCR and blood samples
* Desk work will be to ensure compliance and regulatory records for future accreditation
* PhD, or equivalent, with proven post-Doc or industry experience (E)
* Knowledge of Molecular Biology techniques and good laboratory practice (E)
* RNA and DNA skills (E)
* RT-qPCR expertise (E)
* Bioinformatics knowledge and experience (D)
* Experience in R&D and/or manufacturing environment (D)
* Ability to work to procedures and quality standards (E)
* Working independently and as part of a team (E)
The above list of responsibilities is not exhaustive, and you may be required to undertake other responsibilities and training as requested by your line manager.
If this role is of interest please apply online or for more information contact Lynda Dupont on 01223 607855.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.