Senior Scientific AssociatePermanent Full TimeOxfordshire Attractive salary & package Role: My client within the Formulation Development department is seeking a dedicated scientist to join a...
Job Title: Senior Scientist I
Rate: £14.78 p/h
Contract: Initial 3 Month Temporary Contract
Location: Reading (relocation of site to Wokingham after initial 3 Months)
SRG are currently looking for a Senior Scientist I to join a leading outsourcing laboratory service in the South East, providing support in terms of scientific analysis, consultancy, product development, and training to the global food, drink, healthcare, pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology, and FMCG sectors.
- Perform a range of routine analysis using PCR under minimal supervision of a senior member of staff.
- Perform method validation following protocols.
- Perform basic maintenance and troubleshooting of lab equipment.
- Perform transcription checking for factual data (e.g. reagents) and review non GMP projects on LIMS.
- Be proficient in the use of generic and specific software packages required for the role: Laboratory's LIMS system and Q-Pulse.
- Provide training in routine activities and methods.
- Provide high quality customer service always by ensuring effective organisation of assigned workload, integrity of analytical data generated and timely/accurate provision of results.
- Take responsibility as required for elements of specific projects and/or specific areas of general laboratory/sample administration.
- May be expected to work in different laboratories if the demand is required.
- Educated to Degree in a relevant scientific discipline e.g. Biochemistry, Molecular Biology or equivalent relevant experience in a laboratory.
- Practical experience in DNA Extraction, End Point PCR, Real Time PCR and Gel Electrophoresis.
- Scientific understanding and ability to conduct chemical analysis in relevant area under supervision.
- Practical experience of working to UKAS standards Educated to Degree in a relevant scientific discipline or equivalent relevant experience in a laboratory.
- Good understanding of basic lab equipment including Balances, Auto Pipettes, Centrifuges, Incubators, Water Baths, Plate Reader, Laminar Flow Cabinets, PCR Machines and Gel Electrophoresis equipment.
Apply direct, or call Nathan McCarron on 0161 868 2234 to discuss in greater detail.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.