Project EngineerTitle: Project EngineerLocation: Nottingham / Loughborough / Derby / Burton on Trent / MansfieldSalary: £40,000 to £45,000Benefits: Bonus up to 7%, Great Pension SchemeThis...
Are you an experience CAPEX Project Engineer, currently working in a highly regulated industry?
An innovative healthcare manufacturer are seeking committed and experienced Project Engineers to join their world class facility based in Loughborough. You will have the opportunity to work alongside the Centre of Excellence team, delivering projects in excess of £1M.
- As part of the EMEA (Centre of Excellence) team, with approximately 35 employees, Project Engineering lead all CAPEX projects in support of 9 Manufacturing, and 8 Sattelite sites.
- Primary products manufactured in the UK&I are Healthcare, Industrial and Personal Safety.
- CAPEX spend resourced by the UK&I team is approximately $30 million per year (recent projects have been in the ~$20-25 million range).
- CAPEX projects drivers range from Compliance, Quality, New Product Introduction, Growth (Sales), Replacement and Cost reduction.
- As a Principal Project Engineer you will take responsibility for providing safe and compliant delivery of assigned capital projects, on time, within budget and to the agreed scope.
- You will lead projects at the Loughborough manufacturing site and, by exception, other UK&I sites as appropriate driven by the project portfolio.
Leadership of engineering capital projects through multi-disciplinary teams ($5k - $1million).
Projects are typically manufacturing/automation process technology biased.
Roles and Responsibilities include:
- Capital project definition
- Equipment specification (URS)
- Design Review (DQ) process
- Creating and leading project teams - Defining roles and responsibilities
- Project risk management
- Sourcing strategy & Vendor selection
- Cost estimating/control
- Schedule generation/adherence
- Equipment acceptance testing (FAT/SAT)
- Equipment validation (IQ/OQ)
- Handover and post-completion audit
- Degree in an Engineering Discipline
- Proven leadership of capital projects in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to lead cross-functional project teams
- Experience within a highly regulated manufacturing industry (Pharmaceutical, Healthcare, Medical Devices, Aerospace, Nuclear, Food)
- Formal Project Management Training
- Six Sigma (Green Belt) or equivalent
- Chartered Engineer
Very competitive salary and benefits package available.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.