Logistics TechnicianStevenage, HertsOngoing temporaryFull time, Mon- Fri, 8.30-17.00Role requirements:Receipt of incoming chemical and biological shipmentsPreparation, processing and packing outgoing shipments for collection by courierManaging the...
Job Title: Glasshouse Production Technician
Location: Whittlesford, Cambridgeshire
Contract: 6 Months
Pay Rate: £10.50 an hour
Exciting opportunity to work with global leaders in the field of agrochemicals!
SRG is working with an agrochemical company near Cambridge who are seeking a technician with experience of hands-on plant propagation to join their vibrant nurseries and seeds production and processing team.
The successful candidates will be crucial in the production of cereals for their European breeding programmes.
- Plant propagation (sowing seeds, potting, watering, transplanting plantlets and tissue sampling)
- Cross-breeding, harvesting and threshing of crops
- Seed processing activities including cleaning, automated seed counting, seed labelling and registering
- Pollinating and plant injecting activities in a controlled environment room as required
- Hold a degree in Plant Science, Horticulture, Biology or a relevant subject with plant science.
- Keen interest in working with plants
- Previous work experience in plant maintenance and/or cultivation. Experience of working in a glasshouse environment is advantageous.
- Excellent attention to detail and precision.
Apply online today. For more information about the role or application submission process call Tolu Kuforiji on 0161 868 2248.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.