Electrical EngineerTitle: Automation Engineer / Electrical Engineer / Maintenance Engineer / Engineering Technician / Multi-Skilled EngineerLocation: Derby / NottinghamSalary: £43kShift: 4 on 4 offDo you...
Are you an electrical engineer with a projects background? An innovative healthcare manufacturer are seeking a committed and experienced Electrical Engineer to join their world class facility based in Loughborough.
As a Senior Electrical Engineer, you will ensure that the electrical distribution systems, facility control systems and site utilities for our manufacturing and non-manufacturing sites are designed correctly, installed safely, represent value for money and are optimised to give the best energy saving potential. The position would be based at Loughborough but the role would engage with stakeholders and the engineering team located at other UK and EMEA sites.
- Lead Engineer for the implementation of Capital Project work for electrical installations including distribution networks (LV&11kv), primarily focused on manufacturing sites.
- Active team member to define the electrical requirements for complex process/manufacturing lead projects.
- Ability to specify, control and monitor projects, including:
- Development of project scope, specification, programme and estimated cost.
- Supplier selection and order placement in line with 3M requirements.
- Design reviews and acceptance testing.
- Schedule management and installation supervision.
- Commissioning, documentation and handover.
- Strong technical background knowledge in the design of electrical services/facilities from concept through to handover to maintain new and existing manufacturing activities, able to provide guidance on appropriate designs, standards, implementation and operation.
- Supporting the wider engineering organisation to provide technical excellence in the field of electrical design services.
- Communicate with all stakeholders including face to face at UK sites.
Knowledge & Skills
- Engineering Consultancy or a manufacturing organisation experience
- Experience in the design, installation and commissioning of electrical services for manufacturing processes facilities and/or facilities.
- Experience in the operation and maintenance of plant equipment beneficial
- Knowledge of BS7671 and BSEN 60204
- Knowledge of legislated requirements
- Knowledge of energy optimisation techniques and legislated energy requirements
- Knowledge of Building regulations
- HND or Degree in electrical engineering or equivalent training and experience is essential.
- Full driving licence
- Chartered status or ambitions towards achieving Chartered status
Salary and benefits on offer are competitive.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.