Technical Assessment Chemist (Hazardous Waste)West MidlandsCompetitive salaryPermContact Andrew: 0121 728 8456 JOB PURPOSEThis role is primarily concerned with maintaining and developing customer relations externally and...
£20,000 - £26,000
Contact Andrew: 0121 728 8456
My client are a leading provider of waste services in the UK and are growing all the time. They have a key role available, for a technical assessor, providing technical expertise to ensure waste streams across are dealt with in a compliant and commercially sound manner.
- Proactively support and embed a generative safety culture
- Identify and assign cost effective treatment/processing routes (both in house and external) to waste enquiries
- Technical assessment of waste enquiries to characterize and apply accurate classification and ensure waste meets current permits, compliance and legislation
- Provide technical advice, support and guidance to sites within the organization and to external customers
- Work to current company policies, procedures and legislation
- Producing reports as and when required
- Maintaining continuous professional development and competence for the role
- Any other reasonable duties as and when required.
- HNC Chemistry (or suitable variant), or chemistry based degree
- Dangerous Goods Safety Advisor (desirable)
- A working knowledge of the waste management industry
- Ability to understand and interpret analytical data and legislation
- Ability to communicate and coordinate with people at all levels of an organization
- Experience of using waste software systems (desirable)Ability to plan and achieve own workload.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.