Are you experienced in Supplier Quality Management within manufacturing? An innovative manufacturer are seeking a committed and experienced Supplier Quality Engineer to join their world...
Are you experienced in Supplier Quality Management within manufacturing? An innovative manufacturer are seeking a committed and experienced Supplier Quality Engineer to join their world class facility based in Skelmersdale.
Travel - up to 40%
The company in question are committed to providing high quality, innovative products and services that exceed the expectations of their customers. We will continually improve our capabilities and processes through teamwork, personal accountability and striving for excellence.
- Sustainable improvement of the supplier performances to meet the quality and business objectives of the products and services
- Supports new product introductions and sourcing changes
- Responsible for developing the suppliers to improve performance
- Supplier validation, on boarding and associated tasks
- Manage a team of 4
- Supplier Assessment and Validation
- New Supplier On-Boarding
- Supplier Audits and Improvement
- Emerging Issues On-Site Support, Problems Solving and Sustainable Solution
- Supplier SPQP
- NPI Activities
- At a supplier level, local suppliers as well as global suppliers
- Demonstrate business acumen and agility in working within a matrix and cross-functional environment to proactively and reactively address supplier quality, service, delivery and other critical supply issues;
- Ability to understand and work within diverse cultural landscape and close organizational levels to seek opportunities for improvement and leverage resources for problem resolution.
- Good judgment for escalation process.
- Structured approach like 8D for problem solving engagement, communication and sustainable solution approach
Knowledge & Skills
- Comprehensive supplier quality management background, ideally from manufacturing sector
- Experience of PPAP, NPD, Supplier Development alongside general quality tools & techniques
- Managing successful teams (this role will manage 4 people)
- Quality system
- Audits and suppliers' assessments
- Control Plan, Quality plan
- SCAR or / and SPAR processes
- PPAP processes
- Change management
- Lean and 6 sigma tools - continuous improvement
- Compliance and regulation awareness
- Certified lead auditor or supporting experience
- Higher Level Qualification in Engineering or Manufacturing Discipline
- Qualified in Quality Management or Chartered Quality Professional
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.