Development ScientistOxfordComeptitive SalaryGreat benefits and career prospectsApplications are encouraged from highly motivated individuals who enjoy taking on new challenges, are quickly adaptable in an exciting and fast-paced environment, and who perform well under pressure
The successful candidate will be involved in the characterisation and purification of biological molecules and complexes with a view to producing higher quality sequencing outputs.The role:
The role will be mostly lab based and involve the design, purificiation and characterisation of biological components contained within the Sequencing Kit line of products. Tasks will include:
* High-quality purification of nucleic acids and protein-DNA complexes, mostly using HPLC.
* Biochemical, functional, biophysical and sequencing based assays.
* Use of biomolecule characterisation techniques, including biochemical activity assays, CE, HPLC and LC-MS.
* Monitoring the performance of components in the field and troubleshooting issues.
* Testing and improving components with a view to improving data output quantity and quality.
Skills and ExperienceBSc or MSc level in chemistry, biochemistry or in a relevant physical/biological subject.
Experience in a relevant field in industry eg Assay development, sequencing or membrane protein characterisation.A good working knowledge of biophysical and bio-characterisation techniques, such as HPLC, LC-MS and functional assays is expected.A good working knowledge of DNA and proteins, and experience handling these.Training will be given and, as such, a willingness to learn and develop is essential.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.