Senior Scientist in Electrochemical SensorsSalary Range: commensurate with experienceBased in London and HertfordshireClosing date: Tuesday 15th April 2019 at 23:59 (UK time) My client provides...
Temporary, immediate start
£18-20 per hour
- Overseeing the team of Scientists in a production, testing and development laboratory for lifestyle products ranging from pharmaceuticals and e-liquids to flavours and fragrances.
- Leading on activities such as: quality control, regulatory submission, research and development, method development and validation and assisting with guidance on new product development.
- Analysis of toxic emissions and substances of concern - reporting findings in team meetings and to the senior leadership team. Interrogating the supporting data.
- Use of analytical chemistry lab equipment such as: HPLC, GC-MS/LC-MS, ICP-MS.
- Exercising GMP and GLP at all times throughout the facility and working to ISO 9001 and 17025.
- A degree or beyond (or equivalent) in a Chemistry focused subject, ideally with a good deal of analytical awareness.
- Background in a similar role/organisation would be an advantage, for example: flavours and fragrances, chemicals, print/ink technology, water/soil analysis.
- Capable and confident in using analytical equipment, primarily Agilent GC-MS, amongst others.
- Able to supervise a team of more junior members - responsible for mentoring and guiding, flagging up gaps in knowledge and training needs analysis.
- Able to flag non-conformances.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Sound influencing skills, ability to exercise good judgement and demonstrate flexibility and adaptability at all times.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.