An exciting opportunity for an Analytical Scientist to join a world leading Biopharmaceutical companyJob Title: Analytical Scientist Duration: 12 month contract with view to make...
Graduate Analytical Scientist required, based in Cheshire East. Requiring a degree in Chemistry or other relevant scientific discipline and experience of using FTIR and Mass Spectroscopy. Strong maths skills also required.
Title: Graduate Analytical Scientist
Location: Cheshire East
SRG are currently working exclusively with a leading developer and manufacturer of analytical technology and software. This well-established company is continuing to grow and, with a new project about to start, they are now looking for a new Graduate Analytical Scientist to join the team. The role will involve application and support work calibrate and verify analytical equipment for a range of customers. This role would be an excellent opportunity for someone with a scientific degree and some hands on experience with FTIR and mass spectroscopy.
Benefits: Fantastic opportunity in a small, supportive team, with full training and opportunities to travel worldwide. Company laptop provided, Perkbox reward scheme and pension auto-enrolment. 25 days holiday allowance, plus 8 bank holidays. 40 working hours per week, worked Monday to Friday, 9am to 5.30pm with some flexibility on start and finish times.
Role / Description
- Collecting calibration data for commercial and research projects on FTIR and MS in a lab environment
- Processing calibration data and QC checks of data
- Building calibration methods on spectral data for customer projects
- Following training, provide data analysis and spectroscopic support for customers using analysers and software
- Assisting in management and maintenance of spectral libraries
- Assisting in management and maintenance of stocks of chemicals and gases
- Completing of COSHH assessments for new chemicals and filing MSDS records
- Degree in Chemistry or other scientific discipline
- Experience of spectroscopy- ideally FTIR or MS - gained in an academic or industrial environment
- Strong aptitude for mathematics
- Good work ethic and eager to learn
- Good communication skills
This role would be a brilliant opportunity for a scientific graduate to develop a career in a small but successful business.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided or email a copy of your CV . For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Emma on 0161 868 2222
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
Keywords: chemistry, science, maths, physics, biosciences, spectroscopy, FTIR, infra-red, MS, mass spec, mass spectroscopy, analysis analytical, instrumentation, equipment, calibration, gas analysers
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.