Analytical Chemist (Drug Discovery)£25,000 £30,000 + Excellent BenefitsBased in Cambridge Do you have experience of separating, purifying or analysing compounds supporting drug discovery?Would you like...
Mass-Spec Expert (Proteomics-Quantitative MS)
- Circa £55K
- Permanent (grant funding secured till 12/2022)
- Key Words: LC-MS/MS, Mass Spectrometry, Proteomics, Method Development, Trouble Shooting, Mass Spec, Liquid Chromatography, Biological Samples, Med Device Development, Coaching, Mentoring, Research, Prototyping.
Have you got a remarkable background in proteomic analysis through Mass Spec techniques?
Do you have the capability to develop and create methodologies for the analysis of biological sample and troubleshoot the complex machinery used?
Can you see yourself working for one of the most respected scientific organisations in the world, interfacing with one of their rapidly growing spin out companies?
My client, based in the City of Cambridge, is looking for someone with significant knowledge in the field of Liquid Chromatography tandem Mass spectrometry - specifically protein analysis.
In this role, your responsibilities will include:
- Acting as the subject expert on all instrumental and method related topics.
- The analysis of dried blood spots, collected from a wide range of mental health clinical studies.
- Mentoring a Technician.
- Interfacing with the Senior Management Team for a developing Medical device company.
- Rigorous documentation management to prepare for the accreditation of the product and supporting data.
To be considered for the role, you will:
- Have a PhD in Chemistry (or a related subject) or equivalent experience in an appropriate industry.
- Have experience in the development of analytical workflows from sample collection, to sample analysis and data interpretation.
- Have proven proficiency in the analytical techniques LC. Triple Quadrupole MS is essential.
- Hands-on experience in the operation, maintenance and troubleshooting of Agilent LC and Triple Quadrupole (QQQ) MS instruments.
- Will have a strong analytical background and hands-on experience in developing quantitative mass spectrometry (MS) assays.
- Will have a good understanding of the quality assurance and regulatory frameworks applicable to IVD assays, including FDA and CE-IVD requirements.
- Will have experience with targeted protein analyses based on label-free quantitation and multiple reaction monitoring (MRM) mass spectrometry is highly desirable.
If this role is of interest you are encouraged to apply and for more information contact Dominic Cappell on 01223 607857.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.