Development Chemist required, based in West Yorkshire. Requiring a degree in Chemistry or Polymer Science with good lab practice gained from industrial laboratory experience....
Technical Service Chemist required, based in West Yorkshire. Requiring hands-on experience developing/formulating surfantant or surfactant-based products, e.g. personal care products, household products or agrochemicals.
Title: Technical Service Chemist
Location: West Yorkshire
Salary: £30,000 - £35,000 per annum (negotiable depending on experience)
SRG is working with a privately-owned business who specialise in the distribution of speciality chemicals to the personal care, household and agrochemical industries. They have built up strong relationships with a number of leading chemical companies and a large portfolio of speciality products. As a result of unprecedented growth, they are now looking to recruit a Technical Service Chemist to join their team in West Yorkshire. This would be a non-lab-based role, using expertise provide technical support, solving customer problems and troubleshooting formulation and process issues. The role would suit someone with a solid background in the development/formulation of surfactant-containing products - e.g. personal care, household care, agrochemical products.
Benefits: An increasingly successful company offering an opportunity to come out of the lab and take ownership of the technical service function, with very good opportunities for travel and career progression. Lots of autonomy, with an open office environment and a welcoming team. 35 working hours per week, worked 9am-5pm, Monday to Friday. 20 days holiday plus 8 statutory bank holidays, excellent pension scheme, occupational health benefits, and option for company car or car allowance.
Role / Description
- Providing technical support to customers to troubleshoot product issues in formulation, process and applications
- Visiting customers to solve problems and review applications on site
- Utilising technical expertise to solve problems, suggest improvements and provide alternative options to customers
- Visiting and liaising with suppliers to obtain information, strengthen portfolio knowledge and understand product capabilities
- Building and developing supplier and customer relationships, involving domestic and international travel
- Promoting and reinforcing a positive and professional image of the business
- Assisting in the successful marketing of the company
- Minimum degree in Chemistry or equivalent industrial experience
- Technical experience of developing or formulating surfactant-based or surface-active products - personal care, household care, agrochemical products
- Excellent, adaptable communication skills and strong interpersonal skills
- Confident, self-motivated and able to work autonomously
This role would be an excellent opportunity for someone with a technical background in srfactants or surfactant-based product formulation to progress out of the lab and lead technical support with a range of customers.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Faye on 0161 868 2218
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
Keywords: chemistry, formulation, development surfactant, personal care, household care, surface-active, laundry, detergent, softener, soap, shampoo, conditioner, cleaner, cleanser, wash products, wetting, defoamer, degreaser, dispersants, technical support, technical service
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.