QC Technician in West Yorkshire Entry Level OpportunityTitle QC Technician Location North YorkshireSalary £16,000 £19,000 (dependant on experience)Our client is a leading producer...
Senior Ink Technician required, based in Greater Manchester. Requires industrial experience of formulating solvent-based inks or functional/specialist coatings. Ideally with experience of flexographic or gravure printing processes.
Title: Senior Ink Technician
Location: Greater Manchester
Salary: £25,000 - £28,000
SRG is working with a well-established, private company who are market leaders in their field, specialising in the manufacture of speciality coatings and inks for a range of industries. As a result of continued growth, they are now looking for a Senior Ink Technician to join the team. The role will involve developing new ink products and providing a high level of technical support to customers. It would suit a chemist with a solid background in solvent-based inks or coatings. Ideally with practical knowledge of flexographic and/or gravure printing processes.
Benefits: Permanent role in an independent company who are experiencing an exciting phase of growth. Fast paced environment, supported by a company-wide Wellbeing Programme. 40 working hours a week, 8.30am - 5pm Monday to Friday. Offering a company pension, 23 days' holiday allowance (increasing with length of service) plus 8 statutory days.
Role / Description
- Formulating and testing samples as part of new product development
- Identifying raw materials & testing including new products and pre shipment samples
- Providing technical support on existing products to our UK and international customers
- Providing technical support to sales account managers
- Attending customer sites for trials and meetings as required
- Providing technical support to Production and Quality Control Departments
- Investigate processing and batch issues that arise
- Maintaining relevant technical and safety records pertaining to role
- Colour Matching and Ink Testing
- Supporting junior staff, developing their skills and knowledge
- Previous industrial experience formulating solvent-based inks or speciality coatings
- Gravure or flexographic printing knowledge will be considered highly advantageous
- Practical knowledge of pigments and ink components, e.g. resins, adhesion promotors, wax, polymers
- Experience using industry test methods and equipment, e.g. X-Rite spectrophotometer
- Good colour vision
- Self-motivated, organised and able to work in a fast paced-environment
This role would be an excellent opportunity for someone who has spent some time in the inks industry and is looking for the next step in their career.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Emma on 0161 868 2222
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
Keywords: ink, inks, solvent, flexographic, gravure, plastic, polymer, dispersion, pigment, dyes, printing, colour, colour matching, XRite, X-Rite, spectrophotometer, color, formulation, formulating, colour assessment, product development, technical support
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.