Title: Analytical Technician GraduateLocation: North West.Salary: Competitive.Duration: 3 Months with chance of extension.Are you a recent graduate looking to get your foot in the door...
Graduate opportunity to begin a career within R&D based in Merseyside
Title: Graduate Development ChemistSalary: £18,000 - £21,000 Dependant on experienceLocation: Merseyside
SRG is working a very well established business whose growth has been driven by a consistent programme of investment and innovation in the latest available product & process technology. This has enabled the creation of perhaps the most extensive range of building, construction & DIY products available from any single manufacturer in the UK.
The company operates from a modern well-equipped site, and as a result of continued growth and success is offering an opportunity for a graduate chemist or materials scientist to join its small but very busy technical team. The role will offer full training and is suitable for someone with the relevant qualification looking for a long term career and future progression prospects within this niche area of industrial chemistry.
Benefits: An excellent opportunity for a graduate or someone with a little experience to join a well established company and learn the full R&D lifecycle in a fast paced, demanding laboratory. Long term prospects for advancement. Working 40 hours: 8:00 - 16.30 Monday - Friday.
The roleDue to increasing expansion of the product range, the Technical Department has an imminent need for a bright, innovative and hard-working graduate to take on product development and improvement projects as part of the technical laboratory team.
The ideal candidate would have a background in chemistry or a similar physical materials based science and would ideally be familiar with the challenges of physical testing of product performance, durability and application properties.
Whilst the role does require a good working knowledge of chemistry, the work involved will be primarily laboratory-based undertaking physical testing of the performance properties of construction products to validate their use against market standards and established EN performance testing procedures
- Taking a project brief and working towards a final objective by a process of evidence-based testing & results validation.
- Responsible for testing & approving new or alternative raw materials in product formulations.
- Development of new formulations matched against leading market standards
- Understand the performance requirements of EN standards to their product categories
- Support manufacturing operations & quality control functions.
- Manage and supervise laboratory demonstrations & plant trials on new product developments.
- Maintain good laboratory practices, compiling test records and traceable data systems for all work undertaken
- A degree or similar qualification in Chemistry or a related field.
- Knowledge of material Chemistry & Physical testing would be advantageous.
- Previous experience working with powders or cementitious materials would be highly desirable.
- Enthusiastic, keen to lean and self-motivated.
- Keen to begin a career within Industrial chemistry
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to Nathan at .For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Nathan on 0161 868 2227.
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.