Senior AnalystOxfordshirePerm£25,000Contact Andrew: 0121 728 8456 The position of Senior Analyst is within the analytical laboratory in Oxfordshire. In this role, you will work as...
Trainee Analyst x3
£20,000 - £22,000
Contact Andrew to register an interest: 0121 728 8456
The position of Analyst (Trainee Analyst) is within our clients' laboratory, within the analytical dept. In this role, you will work as part of a team to undertake specialised investigations of samples using Immunoassay (CEDIA), ELISA and LC-MS/MS techniques. In addition, you will ensure that all screening results are reported via the LIMS system to agreed timescales. You will be expected to adhere to quality procedures at all times to preserve the integrity of the samples. These investigations will be carried out in accordance with local standard operating procedures (and under supervision for Trainee Analyst roles). Work will be undertaken with some autonomy, but under the overall responsibility of the Senior Manager.
- To carry out Toxicology investigations of samples (under supervision for Trainee Analyst) as requested in compliance with current quality standards, regulatory requirements.
- To operate and undertake maintenance of laboratory equipment according to departmental and manufacturer protocols and procedures.
- To ensure agreed standards of turn-around-times of samples and results are met.
- To follow departmental standard operating procedures for Toxicology analyses.
- To inform senior staff / Screening Manager of any problems promptly and assist in their resolution.
- To follow agreed training schedule, rotation and competency assessments as required by the department.
- To be proactively involved in any required validation work and reagent /calibrator/QC preparation.
- Laboratory cleanliness and maintenance of a safe and pleasant work environment.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS | EDUCATION:
- Must have an appropriate science degree or comparable experience.
- Must be aware of principles of Good Laboratory Practice.
- Experience of working within a high-through put laboratory.
- Experience in using Beckman Coulter AU General chemistry experience or DSX instruments is a distinct advantage.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.