Assay Development Scientist required for exciting new roles with dynamic life science company in StirlingTitle Assay Development ScientistLocation StirlingSalary CompetitiveSRG is working with a dynamic...
Multiple Reagent Scientists required for exciting new roles with dynamic life science company in Stirling
Title - Reagent Scientist
Location - Stirling
Salary - Competitive
SRG is working with a dynamic and growing life science company - as a result of their continued success and expansion they are looking to hire a number of talented and experienced Reagent Scientists to undertake challenging and vital roles in their R&D function. Working as part of a small team the role would be suited to someone with a experience in coupling chemistries and antibody conjugation.
Perhaps you are ready for the next step in your career or maybe you are looking to move into a new dynamic environment, either way we would like to hear from you.
My client offers a competitive salary as well as the potential for development and skills enhancement.
- Development of assay reagents including preparation of fluorophore-antibody conjugates and antibody-coated microparticles
- Development of new and improvement of existing reagent preparation methods
- Development of new and improvement of existing testing methods
- Design of experiments for analysing and implementing improvements of reagent formulations, using statistical tools
- Testing of developed reagents against required parameters
- Troubleshooting as required
- Updating procedures and documents as required
- Investigating and resolving any deviations as and when required
Qualification, Skills & Experience required:
- The successful candidate for this role will have previous experience in a similar role within a GLP/GMP environment with experience of different coupling chemistries for microparticles and antibody conjugates.
- You should have experience in protein purification and analysis and have detailed knowledge of immunoassays
- You must have good attention to detail and communication skills, with excellent problem solving skills and be able to analyse data.
- Experience in HPLC or AKTA would be beneficial.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. For more information regarding this position or any others, please contact Pamela.
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
Keywords: immunoassay, reagent, diagnostic, medical device, coupling chemistries, antibody conjugation, microparticles, fluorophore, fluorescence detection
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.