Job Title: Research Scientist Transporters Location: Bracknell, Berkshire Contract: 2 years Pay Rate: £15.11 £21.11 an hour (circa £28,000 £39,500 per annum) If you...
Job Title: Research Scientist
Location: Bracknell, Berkshire
Contract: 2 Years
Pay Rate: £15.11 to £20.11 an hour (circa £28,000 to £37,500 per annum)
SRG is working with a global agrochemical company using innovative technologies for the production of a range of herbicides, fungicides and insecticides.
They are currently seeking a Research Scientist to join their Fungicide Bioscience department to provide mode of action and uptake/metabolism data to support ongoing projects.
- Support metabolism assays using aseptic technique to grow fungi in liquid culture then using LC-MS to follow metabolism in cultures
- Conduct experiments to establish how compounds/small molecules/fungicides interact with proteins, measuring the potency of the protein of interest
- Perform biochemical assays to produce high-quality data
- Develop new methods to measure the activity of proteins of interest or to understand metabolism of fungicides
- Hold a minimum BSc in Biochemistry, Biological Sciences or a relevant scientific subject
- Experience of aseptic technique (growing bacteria or yeast)
- Have postgraduate experience of working in a laboratory, ideally in testing compounds and how they inhibit proteins. Pharmaceutical experience is advantageous
- Knowledge of analytical chemistry techniques such as LC-MS
- Meticulous and precise worker to produce high-quality data
This company boasts an attractive modern site and offers excellent holiday allowance. Apply online or get in touch with Tolu Kuforiji today on 0161 868 2248 for more information.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.