Molecular Biologist Senior Research Assistant£26,000 £33,000 p/aLondon Based Do you have hands on experience of running PCR, electrophoresis or NGS?Would you like to work for...
Job Title: Research Scientist
Location: Bracknell, Berkshire
Contract: 2 Years
Pay Rate: £15.11 to £20.11 an hour (circa £28,000 to £37,500 per annum)
SRG is working with a global agrochemical company using innovative technologies for the production of a range of herbicides, fungicides and insecticides.
They are currently seeking a Research Scientist to join their Fungicide Bioscience department to provide mode of action and uptake/metabolism data to support ongoing fungicide research projects.
- Support metabolism assays using aseptic technique to grow fungi in liquid culture then using LC-MS to follow metabolism in cultures.
- Conduct experiments to establish how compounds/small molecules/fungicides interact with proteins, measuring the potency of the protein of interest.
- Perform biochemical assays to produce high-quality data.
- Develop new methods to measure the activity of proteins of interest or to understand metabolism of fungicides.
- Hold a degree in Biochemistry, Biological Sciences or a relevant scientific subject.
- Experience of aseptic technique growing bacteria or yeast cells.
- Expertise in small-molecule inhibition assays, testing compounds and how they inhibit proteins. Experience with metabolism or compound enzyme assays is ideal
- Have postgraduate experience of work.ing in a laboratory. Pharmaceutical experience is advantageous.
- Knowledge of analytical chemistry techniques such as LC-MS for observing small molecules/metabolites in cell cultures.
Additional benefits include large grounds with on-site fitness facilities and generous holiday allowance (31.5 days annually).
Apply online or get in touch with Tolu Kuforiji today on 0161 868 2248 for more information.