Title Graduate QC Chemist - Temporary roleLocation SheffieldSalary £18,000 - £20,000
SRG is working with a leading, innovative speciality chemicals company who are part of a global PLC. Supplying their products to a world market, they develop and manufacture high performance ink jet colorants and are well known for their industry leading technologies. As a result of their continued success they are looking to hire a QC chemist to support a specific project as part of their technical team. Although this is a temporary role, this position could potentially lead into a career opportunity and offer genuine prospects for development.
Duties:With support of more senior team members you will:
- Instigate, develop and conduct performance testing of inkjet colorants, including pigments dispersions, dyes and disperse dyes
- Routine use of small mixers, bead mills, viscometers, ovens, particle sizing equipment, surface tensions balances, UV spectrophotometers
- Providing comprehensive, logical reporting of analytical results
- Maintain a well organised, clean and safe laboratory as part of a team of 4
- Working to safety policies
- 08:00 - 16:00 Monday to Friday (40 hours per week)
- Flexibility will be required to work overtime potentially at weekends.
- Degree in Chemistry, Polymer Chemistry, Materials Science or equivalent
- Full training given but industrial lab experience would be advantageous
- Excellent communication skills both written and spoken
- Good time management skills with the ability to prioritise.
- Well motivated and with Initiative and able to takes ownership of tasks.
This is an excellent opportunity for to join a leading company with a fantastic reputation within their field. Training can be provided and although initially temporary, there is a real prospect of this positon becoming a longer term / permanent career appointment.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to Nathan at . For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Nathan on 0161 868 2227.
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
Keywords: QC, Quality Control, Graduate, Chemistry,
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.