Sensory analysis uses people as the measuring 'instrument'. The sensory section is made up of three teams; Descriptive, Discrimination and Quality. Teams of fully trained...
Senior Research Assistant - subcloning through to protein expression and characterisation
Full time Permanent position
Competitive salary and benefits package including share options
Are you a Life Scientist with experience in the production of proteins in mammalian systems starting from initial subcloning through to protein production in mammalian systems and subsequent characterisation of proteins (electrophoresis, western blotting and Flow cytometry). Are you looking for an industry position with an exciting and dynamic start up company who have achieved significant initial finding to develop their novel technology? My client is an early stage biotechnology company offering an ideal opportunity to gain industry experience whilst working in a dynamic environment developing in-vitro models of protein interactions.
The ideal candidate;
- You will be PhD educated in the Life sciences ideal microbiology / Biochemistry or related
- You will have experience in cloning (subcloning initially), and transfection into mammalian systems
- You will have experience of protein characterisation using western blot and potentially Flow cytometry
- You will have experience in the collation and presentation of data
- You will have experience managing the stock and ordering your own laboratory consumables
- Based in brand new laboratories in Oxford you will contribute to the development of novel antibodies and to further investigate mechanisms of action.
- You will perform mammalian cell culture (predominantly suspension cells)
- You will document research findings clearly in an electronic lab book - prior experience of using electronic lab books would be an advantage
- You will determine the most appropriate methodologies to test hypotheses, and identify suitable alternatives if technical problems arise
- You will contribute to discussions and share research findings with colleagues in partner institutions, and research groupsYou will assist in the training and supervising/mentoring of junior researchers
This new position represents a very good opportunity to join an exciting new biotechnology and have a real influence on the direction of research. For more information about this position please call Oliver on 01217288454
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.