Technical Service OfficerNorthumberland £18,000A well-established manufacturer of speciality chemicals is looking to recruit a Technical Service Officer to join their technical team on a permanent...
Electrophoresis Technical Support Scientist
Newcastle upon Tyne
A medical diagnostic company with an international reputation for the design, manufacture and support of diagnostic systems are looking to recruit an Electrophoresis Technical Support Scientist to join their team on a permanent basis.
The successful Electrophoresis Technical Support Scientist will be responsible for all technical support duties as directed by the Technical Division Co-ordinator.
- Supporting customers to set up software & networking architecture
- Logging and maintaining complaints
- Product retain testing in conjunction with open complaints to confirm product functionality
- Software troubleshooting
- Develop, maintain and apply in-depth electrophoresis knowledge to support routine technical support work
- Work in accordance with Health and Safety and COSHH guidelines when handling reagents and chemicals
- Identify detrimental trends in product performance
- A degree in a Life Science subject
- Knowledge of capillary and gel electrophoresis
- Working knowledge of ASTM and LIMS protocols
- Experience with a number of database formats (Microsoft Access, SQL)
- Good Laboratory Practice
- Knowledge / interest in electrophoresis
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.