Laboratory Analyst£18,600 a year (Pro Rata)4 month contract initially Do you have experience of Solid phase extraction or Liquid-Liquid Extraction?Would you like to work for...
Laboratory Assistant (Sample Reception)
Based in East London
£16,200 + Benefits
4 month contract
Do you have experience in a laboratory environment or within a sample reception supporting a laboratory?
Would you like to work for a global pharmaceutical and healthcare company?
My client are a leading analytical organisation bringing together exceptional teams of experts and industry leading technologies to support analytical testing which provides important information for treatment and management of diseases and other conditions. Due to continued growth and expansion, they are looking to hire a Laboratory Assistant to work in Sample Reception, at their London laboratories.
The role of the Laboratory Assistant will be to receive all samples received by the laboratory. To ensure that all procedures are performed to the appropriate safety standards; conform to current documented Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs); to ensure analyses are conducted to a high standard and in a timely manner.Specific Responsibilities will include;
- Undertake the day to day work programme in the laboratory to agreed deadlines and quality standards
- Ensuring all samples delivered are handled according to current standard operating procedures.
- Receive goods delivered, transferring those containing samples to Sample Reception and notifying other departments / individuals that they have received goods.
- Unpack and process all samples that have an intact Chain of Custody, identifying flawed samples whose Chain of Custody is not intact or have other flaws and report these using the flaws process.
- Aliquot samples into analyser racks maintaining a steady throughput to the laboratory, place processed samples onto the temporary storage racks.
- Transfer samples into trays for analysis the next working day (urgent samples will need processing the same day), transfer sample bottles to freezer for long term storage freezer.
- Scan Chain of Custody forms to document management system after completion of each batch of samples.
- Discard completed sample batches on a daily basis.
- Process samples through the freezer room. Discarding time expired trays, storing new tray where required.
- Perform general housekeeping tasks identified by the manager
To be considered for the role you'll need the following skills and experience;
- Aptitude for problem solving with excellent attention to detail
- Good team worker, both with direct peers and within the wider organization
- Self motivated, dynamic individual with good inter-personal skills
- Has a positive, 'can-do' and helpful attitude
- Excellent Communication Skills (written and verbal)
- Previous experience working in a Sample Reception laboratory is desirable.
- Experience in a laboratory environment, awareness of the principles of Good Laboratory Practice is preferred.
Key Words "Lab Technician, Laboratory Technician, Sample Reception, Goods-in, LIMS, GLP, Forensics, Diagnostics"
Please apply online or call Neil Walton on 02030964706.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.