Job Title: Technical Administrator x 2 Location: Bracknell, Berkshire Contract: 12 Months Pay Rate: £13.50 an hour (circa £25,000 per annum) If you are...
Microbiology Consultant / Technical Director
Home Based / South East
£400 - £500 a day (commensurate with experience)
My client are an early stage start-up Biotech, with a novel microbial product range. Their products already have good sales in the UK, and are making waves in the way pollution and waste water are treated. The business is growing exponentially, and customers include well known global brands and organisations.
Due to early sales the company is financially self-sufficient. Currently all manufacturing and QC testing of the products are outsourced to a Contract Manufacturing Organisation (CMO).
Due to continued growth, they are looking to hire a Microbiology Consultant to act as company subject matter expert in all microbiology matters. Reporting directly to the CEO, this role will be in principal to support the continued sales and development of their products in the UK to customers. The plan is for this position to become permanent over time, as the business grows, with the potential of growing a fuller scientific department. This will include transfer of shares/equity in the business to the permanent member of staff. Key Responsibility areas will include;
- Transfer of production to a contract manufacturing facility in the South East UK, and continued oversight of the production and quality control testing of products, to meet required standards.
- Ongoing development of the product portfolio, identifying new markets and product types.
- Acting as point of contact for all customer queries of a microbiological or scientific nature.
- Support tenders and business development activities, from a scientific perspective.
- Grow a technical department, as required, as the business grows
To be considered you must have the following skills and experience;
- We are looking for an expert microbiologist, who has experience working within either wastewater treatment, pollution treatment, environmental microbiology or hydrocarbon digestion.
- Ideally you will have a BSc, MSc or PhD, in Microbiology, Environmental Sciences, Water Sciences or a similar subject
- You must be a self-starter, with the ability to succeed in a challenging role, withing a new and growing business.
- You must have excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and be able to communicate effectively at all levels.
Key Words "Microbiologist, Consultant Microbiologist, water treatment, waste water, wastewater, pollution, product manager, technical director, product director"
Please apply online or call Neil Walton on 02030962706
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.