LABORATORY TECHNICIANResearch & Development Temp 3 month contract (view to going permanent)North OxfordSalary £9.70 p/h dependent on experienceAccountable to prepare the test area and conduct...
Temp-to-perm (3-6 months initially)
£22,000 - £32,000 (dependent on experience)
Contact Andrew to register an interest: 0121 728 8456
My client are a health technology company developing innovative products, and are now looking to accelerate growth.
This is a lab-based scientific role involved in selecting antibodies and testing experimental conditions for optimal assay performance. The role also involves following experimental design, analysis and interpretation of results. This role is multidisciplinary, given the nature of the research conducted.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in the development of the overall technology
- Assist in creation of functional immunoassays
- Perform stability and formulation studies
- Assist in benchmarking against other biological techniques
- General lab duties
- At least a BSc in a life science related subject
- Ideally you should have gained experience in chemistry/biochemistry or assay development in an academic or industry setup
- Experience with different types of assays
- You will be able to manage your own time and experiments and be able to work independently but also as part of a larger team.
- You should be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- You will be able to troubleshoot and take initiative in proposing solutions to potential experimental problems.
- Use of statistical analysis software (SPSS, Graphpad Prism, R. Minitab)
- Experience in a GMP, GLP environment
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.